Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Beauty Routine! Living beautifully on a budget.

Hey everyone!
Okay, summer for me is one of the most rushed times of my life. It's funny though because I'm always really busy with school and I don't even care.... Senoritis kicked in 2nd semester freshman year. Anyway, I like to look cute, even at all the camps I'll be counseling and the Leadership Institutes I'll be attending. Trust me this works, I do it every summer, because it's fast, easy, and a very exotic/tropical/summer time look.


FOR THE HAIR:
-I only do my hair once a week

-I never wash my hair with shampoo in the summer (I rarely use shampoo anyway), Instead I use warm water to soak my hair. It melts out all the product..... trust me, it works.

-Once a month I do a deep condition treatment mixing equal parts of these ingredients, I leave it on for a full day, putting on in the morning and washing out that night, put a plastic cap on to prevent leaving the greasy goop everywhere. You hair will be kind of greasy for that week, but it will be really shiny and it makes the hair really strong. Some times I'll use it as a conditioner and a product, and leave it in all week, its such a great deep conditioner. Especially when out it the heat.
1. pure coconut wax (2.99 at most beauty supply stores)
2. pure honey (99 cents at "deals")
3. Grape seed oil (2 for a 1 at "deals")

-Once a week (usually a weekend) I'll use "Motions: Deep Penetrating Treatment" it cost me $5.99 from walgreens, I put it on and leave it on for 30 minutes then gently rinse and comb hair (I only comb hair when it is wet in the shower, I comb it all straight to the back with no part [it's so chic and exotic looking!])

-I then use "Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking creme wax" $4.99 at walgreens. It's ment to be used for dred loc twisting but I like it more than mousse because mousse has alcohol in it. Lately I've discovered that my hair grows alot faster when I cut out the products with alcohol. It holds curls perfectly and smells great

SKIN:
-For the Face: I use AcneFree Oil Free purifying Cleanser $5.99 at walgreens, I use it with a facial cleaning brush
-I use witch hazel as a toner 99 cents at walgreens
-I use Neutrogena oil free mosturizer for my face $4.99 walmart
-I use White rain body wash, it cost a $1 at walgreens.
-I use Petroleum Jelly as a skin mosturizer for the body

0 comments: